Sunday, February 27, 2011

Multiplication Math Drills 13-20

Cows in Paris

Last Friday I went to the agricultural show with Lolitaaa .

The last time I had set foot, I can not even remember my age but I remember being disappointed.

There, I went hopeful, I was probably a teenager who did not understand, this time it'll be great!


Ben actually, no ... The exhibition of agriculture, it is a bit of a regional market giant (but really giant!), With three ends and two square sauciflard calendos whistle here or there ...
The sandwich raclette, you brush is reserved for ministers!

There's the world of noise and stink the farm, but without the great fresh air.
short, experience that I will not renew probably not.

Between grandmas who want to scratch three yogurts and kids you walk on feet you come away from there and not really strong winnowed an unforgettable experience.

cows, pigs, chickens, if I want to see, I prefer to go to the farm directly. To chat with a farmer who will explain his work with passion and why not show me how you do, how we milked a cow (although I already know), how many eggs does a hen lay a day, in short, I prefer go see the animals at the source rather than in a large hall with artificial lights ...

was still nice and I do not regret being here because I spent a day with very nice Lolitaaa. I learned where was the Dead Sea (nah, it's not even true, but I almost know), I tasted of soy yogurt and a piece of veal stew! I drank champagne, I flew twice, I went through Vaugirard, where I lived for nearly two years, I was more than ridiculous in front of a camera (but the video did fortunately not been published !!!)( and I hope it never will be ...), short, I did fun stuff!

And then I met the team at Danone, and they explained their stuff on yoghurt, milk, farmers, their pride ...

Your yogurt, before he was in a cow!

Danone is a company that has been 90 years since the beginning, they made a point of honor to select farmer near their plants (five large factories in France), within a radius of 56 km .
These farmers are selected according to their values and quality of their milk. To make good yogurt, you need good milk!


Danone launched this awareness campaign because they realized that about 100 French, 70 thought that their milk yogurts were manufactured with milk powder or milk airlifted ...
While not at all. Danone yogurts we eat are made with milk French, farmers in our region, who work according to ancient traditions and friendly animal.

men and women true, who love their craft, which even have a passion for what they do, and inevitably, they do it well. Danone advantage of his notoriety to upgrade these jobs.

can think what you want milk, agriculture and yoghurt sold by manufacturers, in my case, I'm glad to know that my Creamy Fruit come at a factory in Rhone-Alps, made with milk from cows that graze nearby.

I also learned that milk varies according to season. For example, if the butter is white in winter, because cows eat grass dried. While in summer, as they eat fresh grass good, butter is yellow. Same for yogurt.
Suddenly, to overcome this concern, farmers partner Danone cut dry grass in winter with flax, allowing better digestion of the cow, and also to produce milk more "equal". Give
flax cows is an old method, not a new fad of industrial as I thought at first.

the next few months, Kevin and David Danone should invite me to visit one of their partner farms.
I confess that I look forward, as far as the agricultural show, I have not been conquered. However, visiting a farm, meet passionate people, take my daughters to see the cows and tractors, see how the farmers in my area are working, that, I feel like it is!

This little film would give me almost want to work on the farm! Or in all cases, to spend a holiday! What
break some stereotypes about rural France.



I thank the team at Danone we have warmly welcomed me and Lolitaaa. We have explained to their work, for taking the time to answer all our questions with sympathy and without jargon.


Well, this article is for Virginia B! ;-)

0 comments:

Post a Comment